St Annes Vision Statement-v3-01.jpg

Our History

In 1881, the year following the proclamation of a goldfield, R McCarthy and S O’Rourke conducted a Catholic School on the present site of the Sacred Heart Church. In 1885, J.J. Hogan was the Headmaster, and the Sisters of St Joseph arrived in 1887 to take over the school. The Sisters taught in the school continually until 2002, and even today they retain a significant role here.